Top Kabaddi Betting Sites in India
Kabaddi, an unfamiliar sport to many nations but extremely popular in India. In case you know nothing about kabaddi, let’s first talk about the game itself a bit.
Kabaddi is a team sport that originated in Ancient India. It is a contact sport in which there are two teams consisting of twelve players each — seven in the field and five substitutions. The ultimate goal of the game is to score more points than your opponent which you can achieve by attacking their team and defending your own.
When attacking the opposing team, one of your team members becomes a raider whose job is to step into the opposition’s half of the field and touch one or more of their players. This must be done in one breath only, otherwise, the raider will not score points. During the defence, the aim is to capture the raider of the attacking team either by wrestling them to the ground or preventing them from returning to their own half until their breath is up.
Since this is the second-most popular sport in India, there’s no surprise many kabaddi aficionados constantly look for a good betting platform. If you are one of them, you’ve landed on the right page. Right below this text, our team has inserted a list of top-rated kabaddi betting sites for Indian players. Additionally, this text will provide more information about the sport itself as well as some extra ways to place bets on kabaddi in India. Stay tuned!
Popular Kabaddi Betting Events
Maybe you are from India and have been following kabaddi from an early age, or you’ve just found out about it and find it interesting to watch and bet on. One way or another, one thing is certain — you first need to find out all about the kabaddi competitions you can bet on.
Here in Betopin, we always go through various online betting platforms to find out everything we can about the wagering possibilities for a certain sport. As kabaddi is extremely popular in India, we’ve done our best to dig out the best fixtures and get them as close to you as possible.
During our research, we’ve noticed that VIVO Pro Kabaddi League is, at the moment, the most prevalent kabaddi league to bet on. Apart from that, kabaddi fans can also bet on Asian Games, the Kabaddi World Cup, and the latest kabaddi tournament everyone is talking about — the Super Kabaddi League.
Each of these competitions is available for both Indian and non-Indian punters interested in kabaddi. We’ve managed to find the best sites that support all the mentioned tournaments and feature various betting markets. You can read more about these below. The sites we’ve included on our list have the best odds you can find on the market, meaning there’s no need to look any further than our page.
Now, let’s get into the brief overview of all the best kabaddi leagues you can bet on:
- VIVO Pro Kabaddi League — VIVO Pro Kabaddi League is the biggest kabaddi league on the globe. The Pro Kabaddi League borrowed its business model from the Indian Premier League and very quickly reached a significant popularity level in India as well as other Asian countries. Today, VIVO PKL is one of the most-watched sports competitions outranked only by the most popular cricket events. This motivates the league’s creators to work on developing it even further. That’s why our list includes the most elite sites that offer PKL Kabaddi betting. On these sites, you’ll find the best odds for betting on this sport.
- Asian Games — It’s not only Indians that fancy kabaddi — the sport has gained popularity in many other Asian countries after kabaddi was officially introduced to the Asian Games in 1990. Until 2014, India has won every tournament, which comes as no surprise since they literally invented the sport. Several years later, Iran took the title by winning the gold medal in kabaddi at the Asian Games, thus becoming the first country aside from India to get a trophy in this sport. Naturally, since then, many countries that usually take part in the Asian Games started playing kabaddi and became quite good at it. Maybe India was a safe bet in previous years, but today you need to plan your kabaddi betting slip carefully, and we are there to assist you with the best odds and professional coverage of all the important information about kabaddi at the Asian Games.
- Kabaddi World Cup — The Kabaddi World Cup was founded in 2004 and it represents a globally recognized kabaddi competition. So far, we had the privilege of watching four Kabaddi World Cups, the last one held in 2016. It comes as no surprise that all these four tournaments have been won by India. However, the next one might significantly differ from all the previous competitions as other kabaddi-loving nations have also become quite good at this sport. Apart from the best odds, our selected kabaddi sites feature expert analysis of all the teams and their selections, as well as their latest performances at kabaddi competitions, so you will find it much easier to get an idea what to bet on.
- Super Kabaddi League — The Super Kabaddi League is a new major tournament in kabaddi that guarantees so much fun. This is the professional kabaddi league in Pakistan, which is the first country behind India to pay that much attention to this exciting sport. If you already know all about the previously-mentioned tournaments, this is the league you should start exploring right away! And what better place to get all the necessary information about the SKL than Betopin?
If you’ve been placing bets on kabaddi or any other sport in your life, you are probably already aware that you can do it in so many ways. What you might not know, though, is that the sports betting industry is regularly improving and adding more platforms on which you can try your luck.
Of course, readers of this text have probably heard of and tried the traditional online sportsbooks. While classic online bookies still represent the most simple way to bet on any sport, including kabaddi, there are many new options that have made the world of sports betting more interesting in recent years.
Below you will find some alternatives to standard online sports betting sites that you can try out and maybe find another favourite way to bet on kabaddi. Needless to say, in case you don’t find any of these platforms appealing, your beloved online bookies will still be there with amazing odds for kabaddi betting. Still, let’s review all of these options to help you widen your sports betting knowledge.
Betting exchanges have appeared somewhere around the early 2000s, and are slowly growing into a quite popular platform for betting on sports. It took players some time to relax and decide to try this new way of sports betting, but its popularity has grown rapidly in recent years.
In a betting exchange, you’re betting against other players and not the bookie itself. There are still odds, just like in a regular online sportsbook, but it’s not the bookie who stands behind them — it’s you and another player. Simply put, you and another punter bet on a different outcome of a certain match and agree on the odds, while the betting exchange only provides the platform for doing so.
Ultimately, one of you has to be the winner, and the betting exchange takes a commission on the total amount of your bet. This way of betting on sports is much more interesting as you have the possibility to find exactly the bet you would like to place and negotiate the odds. And in case you can’t find a suitable bet, you can simply create an offer and wait for another player to accept it.
If you are reading this text, you’re probably already familiar with standard online sportsbooks. These platforms feature the most common method of placing bets worldwide and usually cover all sorts of competitions. Each online bookie has its own policy for creating odds, meaning you should check several of them to find the one that offers the best betting terms. Moreover, when it comes to kabaddi, you need to check what tournaments and betting markets your prefered bookie covers. Luckily, all the sportsbooks we recommend have everything you need for creating the perfect kabaddi betting slip!
Kabaddi Spread Betting
Spread betting is a more relaxed type of betting as it doesn’t require you to guess the exact outcome of the match. Instead of simply choosing the winning team, you’ll try to guess if the outcome will be above or below a certain spread of points. Unlike the classic odds in regular online sportsbooks, with spread betting, the pay-off is calculated according to the accuracy of your bet. Although spread betting has mostly been used for basketball or football, kabaddi is another sport that you can use to win significant amounts of money if your guess turns out to be correct.
Kabaddi Sports Trading
Sports trading is a relatively new concept that not many punters are familiar with. In simple terms, with sports trading, you are placing two bets against each other on the same selection in order to profit. At first, it might sound similar to the way you place bets in betting exchanges, as you can both back and lay your bet. When backing a bet, you’re actually betting on a kabaddi team to win, while laying a bet means you’re placing a bet on the opposite outcome. What you get with this type of betting is securing a profit regardless of the outcome. Once you master the basics of sports trading, it might become your favourite way of placing bets on kabaddi matches.
Kabaddi Matched Betting
Last but not least, we’ve got kabaddi matched betting that is slowly taking advantage over other betting methods primarily because it includes many incentives and free bets. In other words, you can take advantage of this betting technique to place your bets with the lowest possible risk, sometimes even absolutely free of charge. All the bets are created according to theoretical math knowledge and meant to cover as many potential outcomes of a kabaddi match. Place multiple bets and relax by watching the matches that can bring you profit for a very small investment or no investment at all.
Most Popular Kabaddi Betting Markets
Just like any other sport, kabaddi allows you to place many different types of bets. If you’re a beginner, you should definitely start with the most simple bet such as guessing the winner of a match. However, once you get more experienced, you can unwind and try out some more exotic bet types. The sites we’ve put on our list offer a plethora of possibilities to cash in on your kabaddi knowledge. Let’s take a look at some of the most prominent ones:
Although this is the most common bet for beginners, many regular punters in India still stick to it when betting on kabaddi. This is the most popular sports bet of all times and the most straightforward one. Your only job is to guess which team is going to win a match. Once you choose a competition and a specific match, check the given odds for both teams.
For example, let’s say that there’s a match between Bengal Warriors and Telugu Titans. The odds on the Warriors to win are 1.40 and for the Titans 3.50. From this, you can conclude that the Warriors are favourites meaning they are highly likely going to win the match. Money-wise, if you bet ₹1,000 on the favourite and they win, you’ll make a profit of ₹400.
When you bet on the match-winner, nothing except the final outcome should interest you. Even if the result at the end is not exactly what you anticipated, you can still win money as long as you predict the winner.
More experienced kabaddi punters often go for outright bets, as they are already familiar with the competitions, teams, and possible outcomes. With this bet, you’re not focusing on single matches. Instead, you’re trying to predict what the ultimate competition result will be.
For instance, you can try to guess who will win the Asian Games or the Kabaddi World Cup right at the start of the competition. However, you don’t necessarily need to do it before the competition starts. This bet type is available at all times, meaning you can watch a few matches first, and then take your pick of the most successful team.
Apart from the winner of the competition, you can also bet on individual teams and try to guess how far they will reach as the tournament progresses — for instance, you can bet on India making it past the group phase in the Kabaddi World Cup. Also, you should know that this bet type comes with greater odds, as it’s harder to predict wagers set in the distant future.
The point spread is another common bet type that can be easily applied to kabaddi matches. As opposed to guessing the match-winner where you’re only interested in the final outcome, here your focus should be on the number of points the teams will score. Namely, by placing a point spread bet, you are speculating on the difference in the number of points between the two teams at the end of the game.
This bet is often used for matches between the top-rated teams and those placed at the bottom of the table. Here you wouldn’t get a lot of money for betting on the favourite, as the odds are usually tiny. On the other hand, betting on the underdog carries a lot of risks and turns out to be a bad decision more times than not.
For all those who have been betting on kabaddi for some time now, there are more advanced bet types that could be more interesting. Some of the most frequently used ones are:
- Total Score — Betting on the total score means you’re trying to predict whether the total number of points in the match will go over or under a certain number.
- 1st Half Score — Another great idea is to predict what the score will be at halftime. You will have a winning ticket as long as your team wins in the first half, regardless of the result at the end of the match.
- Top Raider — Kabaddi is a game where an individual player can make a world of difference. We are, of course, referring to the raider, whose role it is to attack. You can place a bet on the raider that will score the most points, which can be quite an easy bet for a true kabaddi fan.
- Top Tackler — If you better understand the nuances of defence in kabaddi, you can place a bet on the most successful tackler, which is the person in charge of preventing the raider from scoring.
Live betting is, by far, the most sought-after feature on sports betting sites. In case you didn’t know, kabaddi live betting allows you to place wagers on ongoing matches. Market coverage differs from one site to another, but the Betopin team has managed to find all the best platforms on which you can bet on kabaddi live matches.
Some of the platforms will even offer live streaming of the best kabaddi matches. Thanks to this technological advancement, you can watch kabaddi live and place more accurate bets based on the current situation. This can be applied to almost all kabaddi competitions starting with the Pro Kabaddi League that can be found on almost any betting site in India.
The great thing is that you don’t have to be sitting at your computer in order to take part in live betting. It can also be done on your smartphone or tablet as long as you have a stable internet connection. When you try live betting, chances are you’ll completely give up on pre-match betting on standard kabaddi betting sites.
Betting on kabaddi is undoubtedly one of the most interesting options for punters from India. That’s why the Betopin team decided to make Indian punters happy and construct this ultimate guide for kabaddi betting. Moreover, our sports betting experts familiar with kabaddi have worked around the clock to come up with a list of the best kabaddi betting websites available on the market.
You can rely on Betopin when selecting a betting site for wagering on kabaddi as we will always strive to find five-star platforms with versatile betting markets, enticing bonuses and promotions, a long list of payment options, and all the other aspects players hope to find on a betting site. We wish you luck in your kabaddi betting exploits, and always remember to play responsibly!
Kabaddi Betting — FAQ
Can I bet on kabaddi with Indian rupees?
Yes, you can. Our team has been looking for the best kabaddi betting sites that allow players from India to use rupees when making payments on kabaddi betting sites.
Can I bet on Pro Kabaddi live?
Of course! A majority of betting sites offer Pro Kabaddi live betting, while some of them even offer live streaming that enables you to watch the game while placing wagers.
Is there a kabaddi betting app?
Yes, some of the sites we included in our list have designated apps for sports betting, including kabaddi.
Can I get a bonus for kabaddi betting?
Absolutely! All the sites offer generous welcome bonuses to new players. Apart from the welcome bonuses, regular players can claim other promotions that can be found on these sites throughout the year.