Best Online Casino Signup Bonus in Canada
Welcome to our article dedicated to the best online casino sign up bonuses for Canadian players.
By skimming through this piece and taking a look at our top list, you will be able to find rewarding casino bonuses for new Canadian players while also learning about a wide range of quality games that can be played on multiple devices.
We’ve made sure that all signup casino bonuses listed here come from safe and trusted online casino operators that are perfectly legal for Canadians to play on. However, if you need more information on each casino we recommend, feel free to check out our unbiased casino reviews, where we dive into the details and explain everything that you can expect from a given casino site.
Still, worry not — this page won’t merely list reputable websites with great welcome bonus offers. It will also explain how casino bonuses work, how they can be claimed, what terms and conditions you need to be aware of, how you can withdraw your potential bonus winnings, and more. Enjoy!
- 1 Best Online Casino Signup Bonus in Canada
- 1.1 Top Canadian Casinos With Great Sign Up Bonuses
- 1.2 Why Choose a Signup Casino Bonus?
- 1.3 Different Types of Signup Casino Bonuses
- 1.4 What Is the Best Casino Bonus for a High Roller?
- 1.5 Sign Up Bonus Terms and Conditions
- 1.6 How to Claim a Casino Sign Up Bonus in 7 Easy Steps
- 1.7 Other Casino Promos
- 1.8 Casino Games You Can Play With a Welcome Deposit Bonus
- 1.9 Final Thoughts
Top Canadian Casinos With Great Sign Up Bonuses
We have listed several Canadian-friendly online casino sites that meet our casino bonus criteria. Browse these sites, and choose wisely, depending on the bonuses you’re looking for and the games you like to play.
All online casino operators on this list have been thoroughly checked by our team of experts, who guarantee that the sites provide a safe betting environment, excellent gaming content, and rewarding bonuses with optimal wagering requirements.
Why Choose a Signup Casino Bonus?
The reason behind choosing to claim a signup casino bonus is simple — it gives you extra money to play casino games with. Most casinos will offer what’s called a match bonus, which doubles your initial deposit, although some more generous operators will even triple or quadruple your deposit amount.
There are also online casino sites that will give you a bonus while not requiring a deposit at all. Moreover, others that are primarily focused on video slots might offer free spins as well.
In any case, choosing to play with a welcome bonus is beneficial no matter how you slice it. Even if you lose while playing with the bonus money, that money wasn’t yours, to begin with, so there are practically no risks involved.
Another reason to claim the signup offer is so that you can test the website out with the bonus money before fully committing to it. You might not be sure whether you’ll enjoy playing in a given online casino or not, so it would be best if you played with the casino’s bonus first to see how you like the experience before wagering your own money.
Know that signup casino bonuses are not the same as real cash. Once the bonus has been credited to your account, you won’t be able to withdraw it right away. In fact, you will have to meet the wagering requirements first, but we will focus on that issue a little later on.
Different Types of Signup Casino Bonuses
As we’ve mentioned, welcome bonus offers can come in many shapes and forms. Apart from bonus cash that is part of most offers, players can also receive free spins to use on the casino’s selected video slot titles — in some cases, you can even get both bonuses in one package. Furthermore, certain casino sites offer a welcome bonus that encompasses not only the first but also the second, third, or fourth deposit.
Here are more details on each of these bonus types.
The match bonus is the most common casino bonus for new Canadian players. With this offer, the casino will match your initial deposit, meaning that your total balance will be doubled.
For example, let’s say that a casino’s welcome bonus is 100% up to C$1,000. This means that if you deposit C$1,000, you will get another C$1,000 in the form of bonus funds. Of course, you can deposit less than that, but your bonus amount will be lower as well (a C$50 deposit gets a C$50 bonus, a C$100 deposit gets a C$100 bonus, etc.). However, if you deposit more than C$1,000, you will still only get C$1,000 as a bonus since that is the max bonus amount according to the casino’s rules.
A match bonus can be higher or lower than 100% in some cases. In order to attract players, some lesser-known casinos offer bonuses of 200% or even 300% or more.
As mentioned above, you might also run into online casino bonuses that extend past your first deposit. The so-called welcome packages reward players for their second and third, and sometimes fourth and fifth deposits. However, these bonuses are usually lower than the first deposit bonus.
A lot of casinos that accept cryptocurrency transactions will have two separate deposit bonus offers — one for fiat money deposits and another for cryptos. Since they want to incentivize players to use cryptocurrencies, the casinos will usually offer a bigger match bonus for those who decide to deposit with Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ripple, and other digital currencies.
No Deposit Bonus
As you could probably guess, a no deposit bonus is a casino bonus offer that requires no deposit on your part. This bonus is available as soon as you’ve created an account. Although, keep in mind that you will usually be required to enter a special bonus code during your registration in order to receive the offer.
No deposit bonuses are usually smaller than the deposit ones because they don’t force you to pay your own money. In the best-case scenario, you will get between C$10 and C$20 as a bonus through this type of offer.
While this might seem like an insignificant amount, it’s worth picking it up, as it comes with no strings attached. You will be able to play real-money games and even become eligible to cash out your potential winnings without having to invest a single cent.
No deposit casino bonuses can also come in the form of free spins, which is exactly what we’ll talk about next.
Free Spins Bonus
The free spins bonus is another common type of online casino welcome offer. Instead of cash, this promotion will give you a certain number of spins for playing video slots. For example, if you deposit C$20 or more, you might get 100 free spins. However, those free spins won’t be available for every video slot game on the website. Instead, you will only be able to use the extra spins on one or several games currently featured in the online casino of your choice.
In most cases, free spins slot bonuses won’t be given to you in their entirety right away. Namely, if the first deposit offer consists of 100 free spins, the operator might release them to you in increments of 10 free spins a day for the first 10 days you spend playing on the website.
Free spin bonuses might sometimes be combined with the cash bonus, so you might run into an offer that gives you a 100% bonus up to C$500, with 100 free spins on top. When it comes to no deposit free spins, you should expect to get a much lower number, usually from 10 to 50 spins at best.
What Is the Best Casino Bonus for a High Roller?
There are plenty of welcome bonuses that cater to high rollers. For those of you who might be unfamiliar with this term, a high roller is a player who likes to wager a lot of money.
If you consider yourself to be such a player, you should look for casino bonus offers with high deposit amounts and high upper limits of bonus money you can receive. However, in that case, you should also expect wagering requirements to be harder to complete.
Any offer that has a bonus amount in the four-digit range can be considered a high roller bonus. Crypto bonuses are usually higher than those unlocked with fiat money, so you should consider depositing with Bitcoin wherever this payment method is available.
Sign Up Bonus Terms and Conditions
While checking a casino site’s bonus offers, you might notice that every banner displaying the main information about the bonus includes a small print that says something along the lines of “bonus t&c apply.” The t&c here stands for bonus terms and conditions, which are the rules that every player must be familiar with prior to claiming the bonus.
Bonus t&cs are the main indication of the bonus value. Sometimes a bonus might seem very rewarding on the surface, but its true value can be brought down by restrictive rules attached to it.
In essence, all casinos offer sign up bonuses in order to attract players without having any intention of giving them free money, which is understandable considering that they are running a business. So, in order to make it harder for players to exploit their offers, casinos come up with terms and conditions that make sure only a fraction of the players will be able to turn that free money into withdrawable cash.
Some of these casino bonus rules might not be easy to understand at first, but we will try our best to explain every major t&c that may affect your play.
The wagering requirements, which are sometimes called playthrough or rollover requirements, are the main condition for clearing out the bonus. Namely, when you get a cash bonus of any amount, you won’t be able to withdraw it right away. Otherwise, the players would do that all the time and the casinos would be at risk of losing the money.
So, in order to force you to play with the deposit bonus, the casinos tend to put up wagering requirements that state how many times you need to wager the bonus before you become eligible for a withdrawal.
Here is how wagering requirements work.
Let’s say that you deposit C$50 into your newly created account, and the casino operator matches that deposit 100%, so you get another C$50 to play with. The wagering requirements of your deposit bonus are 30x. This means that you are required to wager C$1,500 (30 x C$50) while using the bonus before clearing the requirements. Everything that’s left after you’ve wagered C$1,500 will now be available for cash-out. Note that you don’t need to win C$1,500 to request a withdrawal. Instead, only your collective wagers made with the bonus money need to reach that amount.
Bear in mind, though — if you lose all C$50 of your bonus money, you won’t be able to meet the requirements, as the C$50 of your own money that you’ve deposited does not count as the bonus.
Depending on the type of casino bonus and its size, the wagering requirements can be anywhere between 15x and 70x, and they vary from one casino site to the next.
For free spins, the wagering requirements work a little differently. For example, if you get 100 extra spins with the wagering requirements of 30x, that doesn’t mean that you need to play a total of 3,000 spins to earn your right to withdraw.
Instead, your winnings acquired from the free spins will be subject to the rollover, so if your total winnings end up being C$30, you’ll need to wager C$900 prior to submitting a withdrawal request.
Now, you might be thinking that clearing the wagering requirements is hard and that it is very unlikely for you to end up with any withdrawable cash after you’ve used the casino sign up bonuses. Unfortunately, that is the harsh truth. No casino site will give up its money easily, and it will make you work hard to earn it. Plus, you’ll need to have a lot of luck.
Nevertheless, clearing the wagering requirements is possible. While coming up with our list of the best sign up bonus casinos in Canada, we paid close attention to the wagering requirements and made sure that they are reasonable, as we wanted you to stand a fair chance of clearing them.
If you thought that we’ve fully explained wagering requirements, think again, as we also need to go over the wagering contribution.
When the casino operator appoints wagering requirements, that number does not relate to all the games in the casino library. In fact, not all games contribute towards meeting these requirements to the same extent. Namely, to protect their online casino bonuses from getting exploited, operators usually lower the wagering contribution of some games that have higher RTPs or that can be beaten using various strategies.
For example, video poker games can be played with an effective strategy that can lower the house edge to under 1%. Therefore, the wagering contribution of video poker games might be only 10%, meaning that the true rollover for the bonus will be ten times as high as it is for games that fully contribute to wagering.
The wagering contribution of games that don’t fully contribute to wagering can be between 5% and 50%, while some games might be excluded from the offer altogether.
Unfortunately, the validation period is another bonus t&c that you need to think about.
No bonus can last forever, and the operator usually gives you between one week and one month to use the bonus and clear its wagering requirements. The exact duration of the bonus might depend on the bonus type, its size, and the casino itself.
If the time limit expires before you’ve completed the rollover, all of your winnings acquired with the bonus up until that point will become void. The same goes for all casino bonuses and not just the signup ones.
Some casino games might be excluded from the offer entirely, usually because some of them are simply “too risky” for casino operators to offer them with a bonus. Sometimes, there are certain legal difficulties as well.
Imagine how frustrating it can be when you commit to playing a certain game for hours only to realize that it was all for nothing because it didn’t count towards wagering. Luckily, you won’t need to guess which games are restricted, as casino operators list them on their Terms and Conditions page.
We’ve made sure that all online casino bonuses offered by our recommended sites are available to players from Canada. However, that won’t be the case with every casino site out there.
So, if you’re looking for casinos on your own, bear in mind that you might not be able to use some offers, despite potentially being allowed to play on the website. Luckily, though, Canada is usually not on the list of restricted countries.
Deposit Limits and Restrictions
When it comes to a deposit bonus, you need to pay attention to the limits set by the casino operator. Every deposit bonus has a minimum deposit limit that’s usually between C$10 or C$25. However, you should also pay attention to the deposit method you’re using, as some of them have their own min deposit limits that might not match those in the bonus t&cs.
Moreover, certain deposit methods might be excluded from the offer. This is usually the case with some e-wallets like Neteller and Skrill. However, some casinos restrict bonus-seeking players from using Bitcoin or credit cards as well.
While you will be able to win withdrawable cash with your sign up bonus, there will often be a limit set on those bonus winnings. For example, if you win C$1,500 after clearing the wagering requirements and the upper limit is C$1,000, the remaining C$500 will become void.
For no deposit bonuses and free spins, this limit can be much lower, usually at around C$100. Luckily, there are plenty of casinos that don’t set any limit on bonus winnings.
These are the main terms and conditions that you need to pay attention to. Still, make sure to read the entire T&C page before committing to the offer so that you can understand its true value.
How to Claim a Casino Sign Up Bonus in 7 Easy Steps
If you’re unfamiliar with online casino bonuses and you’re not sure how to start using them, here are a few easy steps that you should follow:
- Choose a casino site from our list — We have selected only the safest and most trusted operators with the best online casino bonuses.
- Create an account to become a member— Once you’ve selected a casino, head over to their main page and start the registration process by clicking on the ‘Join,’ ‘Sign Up,’ or ‘Register’ button. You will be required to input some of your personal information, such as your name, address, date of birth, etc.
- Claim that you want to use the bonus money — Some casinos will put a checkbox in the registration form, allowing you to claim that you want to use their welcome bonus. This is also where you might need to input the necessary bonus code.
- Activate the account — After your account has been created, follow the instructions on how to activate it. This is usually done through email or an SMS code.
- Complete the first deposit — If the casino offers a no deposit bonus, you’re all done, but if you can only use a deposit bonus, you will first need to deposit some money. Head over to the casino’s Cashier page, and select one of the available deposit methods (credit card, debit card, e-wallet, crypto). Input how much you want to deposit and make sure to understand the bonus terms regarding minimum and maximum deposits. This is also where the operator might ask you to type in the bonus code.
- Activate the bonus — In some cases, the bonus funds will become available immediately after the deposit goes through. However, you might need to activate the bonus first. You can do this by navigating to your account and checking your bonus tab.
- Start playing — If you’ve done everything correctly, you should now be able to start using your bonus funds. Make sure to understand which games are compatible with welcome bonuses and how to clear the bonus terms and conditions. If you encounter any issues, feel free to contact the casino’s customer support as they will be more than glad to help you out.
Other Casino Promos
Apart from welcome bonuses that are designed for new players, online casinos in Canada also have a wide range of other promotions that can be used by regular customers. Here are some of the most common regular casino bonus offers:
- Reload bonus — After you’ve used the welcome bonuses, the casino might offer you a reload bonus with approximately the same value as the welcome offer. The reload bonus can be offered periodically as well, once every week or month.
- Cashback bonus — A cashback bonus allows you to win some of the money that you’ve lost over a given period. For example, you can get 10% of your net losses recorded in a given week in the form of bonus money.
- Loyalty (VIP) program — Online casinos like rewarding long-terms players and high-rollers by enrolling them in a so-called loyalty or VIP program. New players and regulars alike will collect points while playing. After acquiring enough, they will climb up the tier ladder. Once they have reached a new tier, they might expect special benefits such as exclusive real money bonuses, free spins, higher deposit and withdrawal limits, birthday gifts, and more.
Casino Games You Can Play With a Welcome Deposit Bonus
Here are some of the most popular casino games that you can play with a welcome deposit bonus:
- Video slots — Video slots are great for online casino bonuses, as they usually have a full wagering contribution. Also, they allow you to meet the wagering requirements fast, thanks to their dynamic gameplay. The most popular video slots are often compatible with the free spins bonus.
- Video poker — Video poker games are also fast-paced. Furthermore, they have a low house edge, which allows you to play them with the bonus amount for a long time. However, that’s exactly why they don’t fully contribute towards meeting the wagering requirements.
- Table games — Casino games like blackjack, roulette, baccarat, craps, and poker are also available to play with deposit bonuses. However, the wagering contribution on some of these games might be lower.
- Live dealer games — Live dealer games are all table games that are played against real dealers over a live stream. Nevertheless, they are often excluded from deposit bonuses.
- Specialty games — Specialty games are games like keno, bingo, and scratchcards. Like many table games, they are often either excluded from deposit bonuses or have low wagering contribution.
Thanks for reading our article dedicated to welcome casino bonuses in Canada. We hope that you’ve learned a lot about this topic and that you will consider playing in one of our recommended online casinos. Good luck and have fun!